- recycling just ONE aluminum can save enough energy to equal a half gallon of gas
- 2,500,000 plastic bottles–that’s how many bottles Americans use in an HOUR.
- 40% of the waste produced in the world is made by us Americans
Some things you can do right now to help:
- reuse plastic bags or switch to paper bags (over 1,000,000 sea creatures are killed each year by plastic garbage in the ocean)
- change the most frequently used light bulbs in your home to incandescent ones (electricity for lighting could be cut by 50%)
- recycle paper (in 2007 in the U.S. more than 56% of the paper used was recycled)
Working together we can make a difference.